Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PLEASE HELP FIND MUGSEY




Our wonderful male English Bulldog, Mugsey, was taken from the backyard on Friday February 13, 2009 around 10:30 AM in the area of Shady Spring Drive and Mid County Highway in Gaithersburg, MD. We all miss him very much and want him home with his family where he belongs. The other sad fact is that Mugsey is ill and needs his medication. Please, Please help us bring Mugsey home to the people and animals that love and miss him. He is mostly brown with some white on his face and he is neutered. He was in a fenced in back yard so he did not have his collar on.
We spoke to a woman who was driving down Mid County Highway Friday 2/13/09 about 10:30 am and saw a truck parked across the street from the middle school at the bus stop. It was a red or burgundy pick up truck with a cap on it. She saw 2 light skinned males pick up Mugsey and put him in the truck.
WE ARE OFFERING A $1,000.00 REWARD for the safe return of Mugsey. Please call if you have ANY information 240-997-1291. You can call any time day or night and you can remain anonymous if you wish. Your can email any information to shanhay1@yahoo.com.
3/3/09-So far the news of Mugsey's dognapping has been on Channel 9 News on Thursday, February 26, 2009 and aired on HOT 99.5 radio "The Kane Show" on Tuesday March 3, 2009. PLEASE, PLEASE help us to bring Musgey home.
3/3/09-A new twist to our story is that we received a call from a woman today stating she just saw our flyer and had seen Mugsey picked up on Mid County Highway by people in a black suburban or tahoe type vehicle. Help us to sort this out and bring our Mugsey home to us!

15 comments:

  1. That is heartbreaking for that to happen. I sincerely hope you find him real soon. Please keep us updated.

    Sincerely,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts and Prayers are with you for a fast return of Mugsey.

    We love you,
    Dad & Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep my eyes and ears open and forward this site to all on my mailing list. We are in WV, but you never know. Prayers and good thoughts for a safe return of your beloved Mugsey.

    Melody Bell
    Vienna, WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear about your dog! i never leave mine unattended when i take him out in my front yard. when i put him on a run right out my front door i always check on him. there is a stockade fence so nobody can see him then and he usually sits in the bushes so you cant even see him. he looks amazingly similar to my dog zeke. where did you get him? i know its unlikely but just wondered if they were siblings.hopefully something comes of the truck lead. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your dog! You should call the local radio stations (DC 101, Hot 99.5, 98.7 etc) and have them put the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forwarded your link to the local Bulldog Rescue Group. Hopefully, they can spread the word out throughout the Bully community.

    My thoughts are with you.

    Pat V and Emme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am saddened and very angry about this.
    Please make up flyers and post them everywhere in your community! Coffee shops, stores, you name it.
    Keep him in people's faces, I bet these people live or hang out nearby. Also keep your eyes peeled to see if craigslist has any postings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, there are some sick bastards out there. I hope you find Mugsey and I hope these demented twits get what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully you contacted the news media as well as the rescues/humane society/pet stores in your area.
    Keep us updated and we will keep up the prayers for Mugsys safe return.
    We have posted this on Oregon and Washingtons sites. Far away, but...

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I am so sorry this has happened. I am heart broken for you.
    I live in Fredericksburg Virginia and I am doing all I can to help get Mugsey home to you.
    I am checking all the for sale Bullies out in our paper to make sure it is not your boy.
    I have contacted the media in DC and have a friend who is willing to do what she can to get the message out on the air.
    Don't give up hope...
    I am a Bully's Mum, and know what a joy they are.
    I wont quit searching for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would try to contact every animal shelter you can , not just in the area. Maybe someone took him to another state so look into contacting as many shelters as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. post a notice at www.dogdetective.com
    They will send a flyer to all area vets,shelters and some rescues.
    Hopefully the folks thought he was lost and were good Samaritans,but they could decide to keep him or turn him over to a shelter ( I can't tell if he was picked up put of your yard or if he somehow got loose) Post with Craigslist also. Also see www.ecsca.org/lostdogs.html
    My prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I encourage everyone to get their pets chipped. If found, vets or rescue orgs can easily scan the chip and locate the owner.

    Hope Mugsey finds his way home soon. I love my Chi so much. I can't imagine what your family must be going thru.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your dear Mugsey. I met a lady who had success finding her missing cat by hiring a real-live Pet Detective. Here is the guy who helped her:
    http://carlwashington-petdetective.com/

    Maybe he can give you some ideas on what else to try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that Mugsey gets home safe and sound to you!!!

    ReplyDelete